Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What Stands Out About College?

When you think about college, what stands out?

College, college, college. What stands out about college? Generally when people think about college they think, oh no! Four more years of school! Some also think PARTY, PARTY PARTY! Finally I'm Free of Parents! Very rarely will you find someone talk more about the education, library, and actual responsibility that will be enthroned on them when first leaving for college. Yes, I admit, I am somewhat of a nerd. I look forward to long nights in the library working on a research paper that i didn't start on until the day before it going to be due, rather than in the latest party by the kappas where all the "cool" people will be. I look forward to getting an enriching education that I know I will be working endlessly toward. Not to say that I haven't ever thought about partying and just having fun. It has crossed my mind quite a few times, but it still isn't as appealing to me as the library. But i know that I can be all work and no play. :-) So now I'm with the rest of them. PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! lol. =)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're a nerd for wanting to make sure you get your work done before you party, or because you want to throw yourself into your work before hitting the latest party. I actually think that makes you smart and puts you head and shoulders above several of your fellow Vols. Many students come to class only thinking about partying and how much fun they will have, while underestimating the amount of hard work it takes to really succeed at this level.

    There will be plenty of time for your to party and have fun. That is nearly inevitable in college, however, if you go in with the mindset that you will spend much of your time studying you will make sure to accomplish the true goal of your coming here and that is to graduate!

    ReplyDelete